So lets take a look at this year's trends! Look at the pictures before the links and see if you can tell whether it's from Etsy, Urban Outfitters or Apartment Therapy. It'll be a fun game!
1. Owls: Soooo many owlss!!! Owl City, Legend of the Guardian.. They are adorable though.
Owl studs (Etsy)
Owl lantern (U.O.)
Owl pillow (U.O.)
2. Party Banners: This was a pretty hot commodity this summer. I don't know.. people got into outdoor garden parties in the summer and this stuff was allllll over the place.
Paper decorations (Apartment Therapy)
Love Paper Banner (Etsy)
3. Foxes: I admit that I am addicted to Fantastic Mr. Fox, but it also seems like the rest of the world is too. Foxes have gone from dangerous rabid animals to cuddly expressions of art.
Kids fox jacket (Etsy)
Fox shirt (U.O.)
Fox pillow (Etsy)
4. Keep Calm and Carry On: Ok, this one actually pisses me off a bit. I've seen these damn posters and prints EVERYWHERE from U.O. to Target. It's not even cool anymore, assholes. Find a new phrase!
5. Vintage: Uber-hip! The most fun thing about vintage stuff is that it's hard to get duplicates. Everything is of the same flavor, but you have to try hard to find the same thing twice. [I have an addiction to vintage suitcases. I'm trying to kick the habit. It's not working. Because I'm just too hip.]
Kodak Pony 135 (Etsy)
Weekender Suitcase (Etsy)
Portable Brother Typewriter (Etsy)
Decorating with Vintage Travel Posters (Apartment Therapy)
Well, there it is 2010. We've done it. 2010 was a pretty eventful year for me. Hopefully 2011 will settle down a bit. I need a tame year.
Still haven't come up with a good resolution, though. So far I've brainstormed improving my vocabulary, cooking more, doing more with my Etsy shop, and I don't know! I need a more specific one. Any suggestions?
Be safe tonight!
Mona and Diddley will be spending their time looking out for their nemesis, Zombie Cat. It looks like its blind. They're protecting us.
So long, 2010!